Edelweiss Lodge & Resort, here we come!

Thursday

Michael and I will be heading to Edelweiss Lodge and Resort next weekend for a marriage retreat hosted by the Army. We have been on one of these before and we absolutely LOVED it! It's so nice to escape the hectic Army life every now and then, and spend some quality time together as a family.

Last time we headed out to Edelweiss I was about 7 months pregnant, so we couldn't do everything we would have liked to. For example, I couldn't spend 8 hours a day snowboarding with Michael or get in the giant hot tub that they have! It's outdoors and it's bitchin'!

We were able to check out Neuschwanstein Castle, also known as the Disney castle. This castle was the inspiration for Magic Kingdom's Cinderella Castle and it is beautiful.

Neuschwanstein Castle - Yes, we saw this live and in person. We even went inside!



Taking the carriage ride up to the castle, and checking out the view from the front. We did get much closer to the castle than this, and even toured the inside. No pictures allowed of the inside though :( 

You can read more about our last trip here!
 
 
This time around, we are going during the holiday season, so they offer a few different things. Michael and I will be able to take Mikey on a horse and carriage ride through downtown Garmish, hit the Christmas market, go night sledding, and take the Partnach Gorge Night Tour which is lit by torch. I'm sure this time around, since childcare is offered, Michael and I will be able to do a little snowboarding as well. He really loves snowboarding.

Innsbruck Christmas Market, probably the most festive thing I'll ever do IN.MY.LIFE!
 
My favorite event from the trip will be the scenery, I'm sure of it. As I was searching the ***** website, I ran across a little nugget of information such as this ...


You can bet your sweet behind that we WILL be getting Christmas card photos taken here! HOW INCREDIBLE to show the beautiful scenery of Germany with our friends and family on a holiday card! It's so festive and wonderful and I absolutely can not wait! There is a ton of possible locations that are absolutely breathtaking and it's a great way to remember our time in Germany for years to come.

I've been planning outfits, searching Pinterest high and low for photography ideas, and absolutely dreaming about the wonderful Christmas cards that we will be sending this year. I'll be posting soon about some of my Christmas card photography inspiration!

FA LA LA LA LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment