God Bless America!

Monday

<p dir=ltr>WOW! What a crazy adventure back into The United States. We woke up at 4:30am (10:30pm Ohio time) on December 2nd to get ready to be in Frankfurt by 7:30 for a departing flight of 9:45. After waking up we realized it has snowed a pretty significant amount over night and the roads were icy, slowin g everything down!</p>
<p dir=ltr>We made it to Frankfurt International Airport only to park in the wrong garrage, have to ride the shuttle to Terminal 2 and find our way to the Delta counter, but we did it! After getting boarding passes and checking baggage, it was time for Michael and I to say goodbye. Fingers are still crossed that he will be joining me in this wonderful country soon!</p>
<p dir=ltr>After our sad departure, it was time for me to find the correct gate and wait. I set security off about 5 times but I eventually made it to my gate! We boarded the plane around 9am, only to be told that the plane has not been "winter-ized" and that the flight was delayed. 2 hours later the plane took off, making my 9 hour a flight an 11 hour waiting game. WOW!</p>
<p dir=ltr>Because of the delay in Frankfurt, I had only 30 minutes to make it through customs, baggage recheck, passport security and to the proper gate to catch my connecting flight and I DID IT! but with only 2 minutes to spare. I hit the ground in Indianapolis at about 4:40 and quickly grabbed my carry-on to meet my parents at the baggage claim. Mom cried .... </p>
<p dir=ltr>I was told that my baggage had been sent in on the next flight and would be delivered to my front door today, Monday morning. Good thing I packed clothes in my carry-on! Thankfully they didn't loose my bag, they just couldn't get it on the flight in time so it came in on the next one, and will be delivered shortly.
I slept in the car on the way home from Indianapolis. I had been awake for almost 24 hours. We stopped and ate in Eaton at FRISCHS! Oh my goodness how glorious the bigboy tasted!!!! yumyumyum!
I came home to visit with a few more family members for a few hours and then quickly hit the hay for some much needed rest. It was a wild ride in but I am so happy to be home!
Now for the shopping ...... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment