Practice Makes Perfect

Tuesday

This week, I began substitute teaching at Wetzel Elementry School here on post, and let me tell you, it has been a blast!!! Although my Agricultural Education Degree focuses on a high-school setting, I had no idea how much the youngsters enjoy learning. They are all so excited to be at school everyday, which is a drastic change from the high-school setting that I've been used to. NEVER LOOSE THAT LITTLE KIDDIES!

Within my first week, I have learned so much about the students, what they like, what they don't like, their learning styles and personalities. It's been wonderful. I've worked with the SureStart preschoolers all the way up to the big 6th graders, and each grade in between. I have already learned so much from these little people that I can't wait to finish out the school year with them.

Another great benefit to my new position is all the practice it gives me when parenting. These kids require attention 24 hours a day (or 7 hours in my case) and their everyday trials and triumphs are great insight to what parenting a toddler all the way through childhood years might be like. They say practice makes perfect, and right now, I'm getting lots of practice!

On another note, today marks 12 weeks pregnant! We are almost to the second trimester and looking forward to our upcoming appointments. Baby is growing quickly but the baby bump hasn't shown up yet! Baby is fully formed, all organs are working and s/he weights about 0.5 ounces. WOW, that's small! Approximately 196 days to go before we meet the little bundle of joy!

SO BRING ON THE PICTURE ....




12 weeks, 0 days!
We finally got back on schedule around this place!


  • How far along? 12 weeks, 0 days!
  • Baby is the size of a: Prune
  • Total weight gain/loss: +4 lbs.
  • The Bump: Nothing exciting yet, but I'm sure there will be some big stuff coming soon!
  • Symptoms: More energy than before, no symptoms lately (knock on wood!)
  • Food Cravings: The usual Frisch's Big Boy. Thats a lifetime craving though, nothing new to pregnancy.
  • Sleep: Normal, finally!
  • What I miss: Family and friends and the Frisch. (seriously, I have a problem!)
  • Wedding Ring on or off: On!
  • Any Names Picked Out: Hadley Anna and Michael Nicholas III.
  • Gender: Won't know until at least 18 weeks, but we're waiting!
  • Movement: Too early to tell, but they say baby can kick, and hiccup.
  • Maternity Clothes: None yet, but I'm looking into it.
  • Labor Signs: N/A
  • Best Moment of the Week: Sub teaching with the Kindergarten kiddies was so much fun! That age group is so interesting!
  • What we are excited about/looking forward to: Gender reveal! And visiting home in December. We will be in London in less than a month so we are excited for that as well! 






  • No comments:

    Post a Comment