HIHO! HIHO! It's off to the doctor we go!

Wednesday

Hello everyone! As promised, we will post every Wednesday with the newest pregnancy timeline picture, and more information about our experience. It is very important to both Michael and myself that you all feel included in this exciting time for us. We want each and every one of our family members and friends to enjoy this experience with us,  no matter how far away we may be. So .... on with the picture!


Exactly 9 weeks today!
I swear one of these days I will remember to dress appropriately for these pictures.

We had our first OBGYN appointment today at Landstuhl (about 45 minutes from Baumholder) and let me tell you, it was an experience. Not so much because of the appointment, but because the post is so large and it is one of the only American hospitals here in Germany. Finding the post wasn't difficult, HOWEVER, once we got through the gate, we were lost (and the gate guard was absolutely no help!) After about 30 minutes of driving in circles and searching building numbers, we finally found the clinic and arrived for our appointmnt ........ 15 minutes late! :( Lucky for us, the staff was very understanding and helpful.

During the appointment, the nurse told us that I am very healthy, with no risks for the baby. Both my red blood cell and white blood cell count is high, iron and calcium levels are good, and overall we are doing a wonderful job taking care of Baby Rotundo! The clinic gave us a ton of information on classes we can take to learn more about parenting, the birth process, and many other things! Because this appointment was strictly informational, no ultrasound. Sorry folks, but next week, October 10th, we have scheduled our first appointment with a Doctor. During this appointment we will see baby for the first time, hear a heartbeat, and learn more about baby's development. We'll be sure to post an ultrasound photo as soon as we get one :)

We've also decided to include a pregnancy survey each week to talk about what we're feeling and experiencing during this time! Here is a survey we (I) found online ....


  • How far along? 9 weeks, 0 days
  • Baby is the size of a: Grape! Weighing less than 1 ounce
  • Total weight gain/loss: +2 lbs!
  • The Bump: Nothing significant yet. They estimate me to start showing somewhere between 3 - 4 months, so in a few more weeks I'll be showing some signs of a baby in there!
  • Symptoms: No morning sickness still! (Fingers are crossed for that to hold off!) My eating habits have changed as well, I am eating much more than I was before, and finding myself drawn to anything with meat in it (gross!)
  • Food Cravings: Like I said before, meat. Sometimes sweets, which is strange because I have never been a big sweet eater, and lots and lots of milk! I've been staying away from deli meats, but sometimes it's pretty difficult to pass subway up.
  • Sleep: I've been sleeping a lot lately. Some nights I can go to bed at 6pm and not wake up until 6am the next day!!!! I don't feel overly tired but once we begin to wind down for the day, I feel exhausted!
  • What I miss: Nothing yet, except Chipotle and Frisch's .... but that has nothing to do with pregnancy!
  • Wedding Ring on or off: On! I doubt I'll ever have to take mine off, since it's already a little too big. Yay!
  • Any Names Picked Out: Yes, that was very easy for us! We have picked out 2 boy names and 2 girl names. For a boy - Michael Nicholas III or Abel Thomas. For a girl - Hadley Anna or Kendell Nicole.   * Funny story, Michael's middle name is Nicholas and my middle name is Nicole, so we had to incorporate that in some way!* 
  • Gender: Don't know yet. I don't want to find out, but Michael does. We will be able to tell around 20 weeks during our Anatomy Screening. (December 5thish)
  • Movement: Too soon to tell!
  • Maternity Clothes: Not yet. Hopefully never, but the PX does sell some pretty cute stuff!
  • Labor Signs: Good lord I hope not!
  • Best Moment of the Week: Our appointment today! Michael told me that he felt much better after our visit to the clinic. After being told I was healthy and baby was doing great made us both feel much better.
  • What we are excited about/looking forward to: Our next appointment/First Ultrasound. Michael is also very excited to find out the sex of the baby (he's hoping for a boy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment